Unit 01: Structure of the Indian Economy
· Natural Resources.
· Human Resources.
· Economic Development.
· Size and Growth Rate of Population in India.
· Population Explosion.
· Population Policy.
· National Income of India.
· National Income Estimates in India
· Trends in National Income.
· Inequalities of Income in India.
Unit 02: Agriculture Sector in India
· The Place of Agriculture in the National Economy since 1991
· Crop Pattern in India
· National Agriculture Policy
· Food Security in India
· Irrigation and Agricultural Inputs
· Agricultural Labour
· Progress of Agriculture under the Plans.
Unit 03: Indian Industries:
· Importance of Industrialization.
· Industrial Policy since 1991.
· Problems of Large Scale Industries.
· Role and Problems of Small Scale Industries.
· Disinvestment: Policies and Issues.
· Emergence of the IT industry.
Unit 04: The Tertiary Sector in India
· Foreign Trade of India.
· Composition of India’s Foreign Trade.
· Direction of India’s Foreign Trade.
· Indian Balance of Payments.
· Impact of WTO on India’s Foreign Trade.
· India’s Foreign Exchange Reserves.
· Functions of the Reserve Bank of India
· Monetary Management.
· Reforms in the Banking Sector.
Unit 05: Indian Fiscal System
· Revenue and Expenditure of the Central and State Governments.
· Public Debt Management.
· Financial Relations between Center and State.
· Parallel Economy.
· Challenges to development:
o Poverty: Poverty Eradication Programs in India
o Unemployment in India: Schemes to Reduce Unemployment.
· Dutt Ruddar and Sundaram K.P.M (2007) Indian Economy, S. Chand and Co New Delhi.
· Misra S.k. and V.K. Puri (2007) Indian Economy, Himalaya publishing house, mumbai.
· Agarwal A.N.(2007) Indian Economy-problems of development and planning, Wishwa Prakashan, New Delhi.