Part 01: Practical
1. Creating a document – a letter to an authority, with setting of margins, colors, fonts, paragraphs, line spacing and languages.
2. Creating a merged document containing invitation for a college function to be sent to invitees through a created address book.
3. Create a table containing information regarding examination or admission or attendances of faculty statistics.
4. Usage of mathematical and statistical functions in a spreadsheet.
5. Create a student database of a class with register no, name, subjects, IA marks, and sort it in ascending order, using a spreadsheet, generate different types of graphs.
6. DTP, creating a visiting card, poster, magazine cover, calendar, booklet-in with four pages.
7. SPSS package, mean, median, whole, DS, Correlation, repression, intercalation.
Part 02: Theory
1. Computer Fundamentals:
· Evolution of computer, computer application, types of computer, basic components of a computer, hardware, software, firmware, assembler, compiler, interpreters.
· Introduction to problem solving: algorithm and flow chart.
· Programing languages: machine language, assembly language, high level language.
Overview of software, page layout, PageMaker, windows creating and printing a new publication, page maker graphics.
3. Introduction to network, internet and webpage designing.
· Internet basics, internet protocols – http and ftp, www, html tags, search engines, web browsers, internet chat.
4. Fundamentals of database
· Manual system of file organization,
· Definition of fields, records, files, database.
5. Database management system (DBMS)
· SQL commands, DDL, DML, DCL and TCL
· Data entry and data edit
· Definitions for tables, forms, queries, report.
· Fundamentals of IT by Peter Norton.